We already talked about essential oils, now let’s talk about my favourite way of using it. Diffusion
Aromatherapy is a scientific process where natural oils are gotten from plants ie leaves, bark, flowers, roots, stems, etc to enhance the psychological and physical well-being of human beings.
The aroma from the oils helps to stimulate brain functions which in turn acts as a form of healing therapy. This promotes relaxation and other health benefits.
Essential oils can also be used topically (be very careful with dilution ratios) and though not yet a fad in Nigeria, aromatherapy has already gained momentum as a form of alternative medicine used for various purposes including mood enhancement, pain relief and improved cognitive functions.
We all learnt about diffusion, at some point, in school, and in this particular case, what the diffusers do is to disperse the oils round a room or the whole house.
The whole place is filled with natural aromas. There are several techniques and devices which can be used as aromatherapy diffusers, examples are:
• Steam diffusers
• Candle diffusers
• Ultrasonic aromatherapy diffusers
• Lamp ring diffusers
• Fan diffusers
• Terracotta and sandstone diffusers
• Electronic heat diffusers
• Essential oil nebulizers
There are numerous benefits to diffusing:
1. Purifies and humidifies the air.
2. Make the room smell pleasant.
3. Relieves stress, fatigue and pain
4. Helps with respiratory issues and breathing easier.
5. Better relaxation and improved sleep.
6. Improves cognitive functions.🙌🙌🙌
7. Mood enhancer.
8. Keeps you and environment cool.
9. Best choice for therapeutic effects of aromatherapy.
10. Help with insect repelling.
So…. , are you interested enough to get one for yourself? If so, then make sure to:
- Ask for recommendations from people already using.
- Buy from reputable stores with reputable brands, Amazon is a good place to start with all the reviews you’ll get
- Always buy as new
Pssst…. We plan to stock up some, stay tuned😉